Relationship: How Do I Find My Confidence Again?
Dear E. Jean: I used to have game. I graduated from my dream college, got my dream job, and met my dream guy. But then real life happened. I fell in love, had my heart broken, and my Devil-Wears-Prada boss completely destroyed me. My faith is shaken to the core. I don’t know who I am or what I want anymore. And the guts? Gone. How do I get my game back?—Former Go-Getter
Go, Girl: These days young ladies get “shaken to the core” three or four times before lunch. The world is in a horrible tizzy. Learning to pimp your game may be the only thing you can do to set things straight. Here are your…Nine Magic Moves for a Mojo Makeover1.
1. Dress chicly (the most powerful mood-changer known to Homo sapiens).
2. Be a cheerleader for the downtrodden (lifts your spirits).
3. Smile (relieves stress, releases endorphins, pretties you up).
4. Swell your chest out (you’ll look successful).
5. Get drunk (just checking if you’re paying attention).
6. Sleep nine hours a night (boosts your energy).
7. De-friend bores and dickwads (they drag you down).
8. Don’t try to be perfect (not fun, not neat, not cool).
9. Get angry (an intense desire to grind your wackadoodle boss to sand under your Jimmy Choo will fuel your rise to the mountaintop). Good luck!