Mental HealthMy Community

Keith Wiggins The Accused Rapist Is Active US Army Soldier

The Brooklyn man busted for holding three women at gunpoint during a 2-hour rape and sex assault spree Tuesday was held without bail Thursday, as his lawyer revealed he’s an active member of the U.S. military. Keith Wiggins, who records show is enrolled in the Army, hung his head as he was arraigned on a slew of charges, including first-degree rape, sexual abuse, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child.

Wiggins did not enter a plea as he stood in court Thursday in his stocking feet and a blue sweatsuit, as his clothing had been confiscated for forensic testing. The chilling rampage began around 6:50 a.m., when Wiggins approached the first victim and asked for directions before producing a silver handgun and pointing it at her head, according to newly unsealed court documents. “He ordered her to remove her pants and underwear” before raping her, Assistant Brooklyn DA Alfredo Cotto said.Accused rapist is active US Army soldier: lawyerAccused rapist is active US Army soldier: lawyerAccused rapist is active US Army soldier: lawyer

“He then ordered her onto her hands and knees and held the gun to her head,” as he forced her to perform oral sex, Cotto told Brooklyn Criminal Court Justice Joseph McCormmack. Alarmingly, he told the woman to pull out her photo ID and took a photo of it before fleeing into the streets of East New York. A mere half-hour later, the 26-year-old old pulled a gun on a 15-year-old girl and told her to turn around, but she managed to escape.

He struck for a third time around 8:40 a.m., pushing his third victim at gunpoint into the hallway of her building and forcing her to perform oral sex, the ADA said. Wiggins then told the woman, also 26, to empty her purse. He grabbed her ID, according to Cotto, but dropped it as he ran from the building.

The victim’s aunt found her a short time later, crumpled on the floor of the hallway and crying. Wiggins was seen as he jumped into a 2017 black Dodge Caravan with Florida plates–and was nabbed as he returned the minivan to Hertz later that morning, Cotto said. The prosecutor noted that while the second and third victim had identified Wiggins in a line-up, the first victim had been unable to do so.

Defense attorney Rebecca Miller, imploring the judge to release her client on bail, said he was a member of the military and a student at Queens College, where he was studying computer science. She declined to comment on his military history when asked by reporters. Wiggins–who has two prior arrests for assault and turnstile jumping– will return to court on Oct. 16. If convicted, he faces up to 25-years behind bars.


Leave a reply